Used to make the very popular Tandoori Chicken, this masala needs no introduction! Use it with chicken or paneer, vegetables or Tofu, this masala works well with all! For the longest time I used convenient store bought Tandoori Masala. However it really is worth-while to make your own! I learnt to make this masala from a fellow foodie Shimpa.
- 6 tbsp shah jeera
- 8 green cardamoms
- 15 cloves
- 2 tsp black peppercorns
- 2 inch piece of cinnamon stick
- 6-7 blades of mace
- 1/2 piece of nutmeg
- 2 tbsp kasoorI methi
- Place your list items here
- Gently warm spices over a warm tawa…taking care not to burn them. Also warm kasoorI methi on low heat just for a few seconds.
- Cool the spices and grind to a fine powder.
- Mix in kashmiri/deghi mirch powder which is 3/4 parts of every 1/4 parts of the ground masala (ie. for very 1/4 tbsp of ground masala, add 3/4 tbsp lal mirch).
- Cool and store in an airtight container.