Khaṭta, Meetha aur thoda sa…Teekha!
This tangy tongue tickling Kachchi Kairi Paani is an absolute delight!
Use it to dunk crunchy Golgappe for the most delicious Panipuri chaat.
Or top it up with Rum or Vodka…for a refreshing summer cocktail!
Or combine the two and make spiked Golgappe…yum yum! 😉
- About 3 large raw mangoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- A large bunch of mint, remove stems, pick leaves and wash clean
- 1 inch of ginger, peeled and sliced and 2-3 green chillies.
- Sugar, about 1/2 cup
- 2 tsp of Kala namak (or himalayan pink salt)
- 2 tsp of bhuna jeera (cumin) powder
- 1/2 tsp ground Safed kali mirch (white pepper)
Transfer 7 cups of peeled and chopped raw mango into a large mixi.
Follow with 3 cups of firmly packed mint
Now transfer the lightly strained paste back into the mixi. Add another 2 cups of water and grind again, to extract even more flavor. Strain the paste once again….extracting maximum juices. If required, also strain through a fine tea strainer to ensure it’s pulp free.
Add 2 tsp each of kala namak and roasted jeera powder.
Also add 1/2 tsp of white pepper powder and 1/2 cup sugar and mix till sugar dissolves completely.