My look no further Go-to Recipe for the BEST Banana Nut Bread Ever!!
I present three variations:
- Using all whole wheat flour (atta) or
- Using all multigrain flour (my choice) or
- 50% whole wheat flour and 50% All purpose flour
This keeps well at room temperature 3-4 days quite easily.
You can bake this as a cake, as a loaf or as muffins, your pick!
The pic below uses whole wheat flour(atta) and all purpose flour(maida) in the proportion of 1:1
The pic below uses only multigrain flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour(atta)
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 mashed overripe bananas(bananas must be (overripe)
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2-3 tbsp walnuts/pecans
Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Sieve dry ingredients together. Mash bananas and blend with oil and sugar till very smooth. Add vanilla essence. Beat eggs till thick and fluffy. Add half flour and half egg mix and fold. Repeat. Add nuts. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes.
The muffins below use atta & maida in the proportion of 1:1